First of all, welcome! We are so glad you are joining us in Kingston upon Thames for the Slayage Conference. We want to provide you with a little information and advice that we think will make your experience a positive one:
- We're on a first-name basis here. Don't worry about addressing people by titles such as "Professor" or "Dr.," "Ms." or "Mr." We’ve also added a line for personal pronouns to each name badge.
- We encourage you to bring a friend with you and/or find another conference-goer to room with. And use the conference accommodations. Not only will you save money by rooming with another person or a group of people, but you'll also have a built-in group to spend time with in, between, and after sessions. Staying in the conference accommodations also guarantees that you'll run into other Whedon enthusiasts in hallways and lobbies, facilitating both networking and friend-making.
- Be sure to come to the opening reception. This complimentary event is an informal and lighthearted way to begin meeting new people.
- Consider attending the banquet (fee to be determined). It's a delightful time comprised of fine dining, stimulating conversation, and a boisterous sing-along.
- Feel free to ask questions at any point about anything. Look for the program chairs, local arrangements chairs, and roving superchairs as well as the WSA officers. Any of these people will be happy to assist you.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the accessibility of the campus and/or conference presentations and events, please contact us as soon as possible. Our goal is to universally design the conference, making it accessible for and enjoyable by all conferees.